-
August 15th, 2001, 12:25 AM
#1
Inactive Member
OK, Here is my 2 cents.
There are allot of nit picky people in here and in the pool, that feel they must continuously ruin peoples threads or reply with their negativity. Isnt there enough negativity in the world? I was always told, "If ya can't say anything nice, then say nothing at all."
1. Cyber marriages. I think in this day and age, it is allready so hard to find happiness, and when you do, half the time, you end up still not being happy or being cheated on. I say, "find what makes you happy. In this day and age, it is so hard to find happiness, that if you find it in the most unusual and bizarre places, so what. Dont let anyone change you, your mind, or anything else. Dont let anyone else bring down your happiness. I find that the very second someone finds out that some one else is happy, everyone has a opinion on why its wrong, or what the happy person should be doing with their life.
2. Cyber marriages. If you dont like it, if you dont agree with it, whatever FINE! No one is saying you have to like it, no one is gonna make you have a cyber marriage. No one is asking you to accept it, or even be at the actual cyber wedding, but why the hell do you have to bring those people down or throw your negativity at the cyber couple? Why the hell cant other people just let people be happy and let them be? Do some people find it so annoying or impossible to let someone else have their happiness? Why do people have to fuck with other peoples happiness? If it dont concern you, then why the fuck mess with it?
Take me for example. There are a few people here that I REALLY do NOT like. They make topics here. YES i read their topics but do I reply and mess up their thread with negativity? NO, now on some threads I voice my opinion, but its on threads that is about concerns of the world, or topics ASKING for my opinion. I do not say, "well, Ill just throw my negative attitude and opininon in here just to fuck with this thread." I have never posted for that reason. Its like someone said before, sometimes things are best left unsaid.
If you dont agree with someone having a cyber marriage, thats your problem. But you dont have to throw your negative attitude at them just to let them know, "I dont agree with you, or what you are doing or cyber marriages". So what? Whats the big deal? YOU dont have to like it. But dam, leave the people alone, shit. Someone always has to be fucking up threads and topics with negativity. Or trying to throw negativity at someone just cause they found happiness, or because they are happy about something. Shit, I tell you what, I will make you people a "Negativity thread". That way instead of fucking up peoples topics when you read something you dont like or agree with, you can just go to the negativty thread and throw your negative attitude around there.
------------------
"She shines like a diamond when she walks in a room, she could charm the stars, hypnotize the moon"
[This message has been edited by ~Genie~ (edited August 14, 2001).]
-
August 15th, 2001, 12:57 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Genie....
Do you lack attention at home cause you sure do demand it on here!!!!!!!
Jeeezzzz....give it a rest.
-
August 15th, 2001, 01:04 AM
#3
Inactive Member
SEE, my point exactly!!! My home life or my life at all is none of your business! Dont worry, Im about to make you and the other "negative minded people" a negativity thread!
Do I demand attention? No I dont thinkso. Im very pleasant thank you. Maybe your the one demanding the attention making such comments.
[This message has been edited by ~Genie~ (edited August 14, 2001).]
-
August 15th, 2001, 01:48 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Well Genie...I will see you..and raise you.
I dont accept what you say..I think that anyone who posts publically should expect to have a reply of whatever kind anyone wishes to make whether in favour or not.
On the subject of cybermarriages...I just cant take them seriously since the day minnow and I went to watch one in which the best man asked the happy couple to exchange vowels...(I kid you not...he repeated it several times and had to be corrected by someone who knew what vows means)...we nearly wet ourselves laughing.
Now..>I met minnow online so dont start accusing me of discrediting anything cyber or netwise as unworthy...because I dont think that...but please...lets have some sort of reality test about claimed relationships (and I have no opinion about any recent cyberweddings here).
We know of so many happy couples whose real meetings have been forestalled by car crashes, sudden illnesses and even unforeseen cases of sudden death (because the relationship couldnt bear the light of day)
and ....to bitch on....I was sent this e-mail recently by a friend (all my mail list only have my addy on the understanding that they do NOT add me to their lists for forwarding all sorts of crap)..and I agree with its sentiments if not its exact expression.
Subject: FW: Best chain letter ever - YOU GOTTA READ THIS ONE!
> > > > Hello, my name is Carol. I suffer from the guilt of not forwarding
> > > > 50 billion fucking chain letters sent to me by people who actually
> > > > believe that if you send them on, a poor 6-year-old girl in Arkansas
> >
> > > > with a breast on her forehead will be able to raise enough money to
> > > > have it removed before her redneck parents sell her to a travelling
> > > > freak show. Do you honestly believe that Bill Gates is going to give
> >
> > > > you, and everyone to whom you send "his" email, $1000? How stupid
> > > > are we? "Ooooh, looky here! If I scroll down this page and make a
> > > > wish, I'll get laid by every good looking model in the magazine!"
> > > > What a bunch of bullshit.
> > > > Maybe the evil chain letter leprechauns will come into my house
> > > > and sodomize me in my sleep for not continuing a chain that was
> > > > started by Peter in 5 AD and brought to this country by midget
> > pilgrims
> > >on
> > > > the Mayflower. Fuck them.
> > > > If you're going to forward something, at least send me something
> > > > mildly amusing. I've seen all the "send this to 10 of your closest
> > > > friends, and this poor, wretched excuse for a human being will
> > > > somehow receive a nickel from some omniscient being" forwards about
> > > > 90 times. I don't fucking care. Show a little intelligence and think
> >
> > > > about what you're actually contributing to by sending out these
> > > > forwards. Chances are, it's your own unpopularity. The point being?
> > > > If you get some chain letter that's threatening to leave you
> > > > shagless or luckless for the rest of your life, delete it. If it's
> > > > funny, send it on. Don't piss people off by making them feel guilty
> > > > about a leper in Botswana with no teeth who has been tied to a dead
> > > > elephant for 27 years and whose only salvation is the 5 cents per
> > > > letter he'll receive if you forward this email. Oh, by the way all
> > > > you idiots out there...NO COMPANY HAS ANY WAY OF TRACKING E-MAIL
> > > > OUTSIDE THEIR SYSTEM - NO, NOT EVEN MICROSOFT!!! THERE IS NO SUCH
> > > > TECHNOLOGY YET!!!!!! AND IF THERE WERE, IT WOULD PROBABLY BE AGAINST
> >
> > > > THE LAW TO TRACK IT FOR PRIVACY MATTERS. Now forward this to
> > > > everyone you know. Otherwise, tomorrow morning your underwear will
> > > > chew out your genitalia....
*S*
-
August 15th, 2001, 02:14 AM
#5
Inactive Member
OK. I agree that if one posts something they should know they they are gonna get a reply back. Im not talking about that. I already know, no matter what you post, what kind of topic you make there will be many replys of many kinds.
For example, there is one thread on this board in particular. Where is was best wishes and "Positive words" towards friends. It wasnt necessary for people to just have to start with the negative stuff. What? They just couldnt help themselves? They thought that thread would look better with a negative attitude or post in there somewhere? Like I said, you dont have to agree or approve with cyber marriages, or things people do here, but like I also said, sometimes things are best left unsaid.
Freedom of speech still is legal, but dam, you dont always have to rain on everyones parade. Ya know what I'm saying?
[This message has been edited by ~Genie~ (edited August 14, 2001).]
-
August 15th, 2001, 04:22 AM
#6
Inactive Member
All I'm saying is, whatever rocks ya boat. Whatever makes one happy. No it isnt everybodies thing. Everybody dont agree with it. Not everybody has to have the same opinion though. It's nice to see something besides fighting in the pool. It's different, it's a break from the normal fighting in the pool. Why does this have to be another big issue? Its another one of things that goes as saying, "it's not for all people".
As well as, "Don't Knock it til ya try it"
Anyway, once again, nevermind.
[This message has been edited by ~Genie~ (edited August 15, 2001).]
-
August 15th, 2001, 06:15 AM
#7
Inactive Member
didn't mean that to be that mean i just don't want people to keep discussing it.
I already talked to empress about how i meant it.
-
August 15th, 2001, 03:17 PM
#8
-
August 15th, 2001, 03:40 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Get the fuck over it already.
cyber marriages are lame you post another thread on cyber marriages i'll be right under with
<font size=10><font color=red>LAME!!!
</font></font>
now fucking move on
another thing you know empress and i talked about this I told her i think they're lame but in the context of chat i guess they're not as bad.
but come on would you tell your mom or sister or something you were cyber married?
<font color=black>
[This message has been edited by rotten (edited August 15, 2001).]
-
August 15th, 2001, 08:06 PM
#10
Inactive Member
*sings*
SUNSHINE lollipops and Rainbows and everything that's wonderful when we're together....OK!! OK!!..is this POSITIVE enough for ya!!
*gags*
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks